4 cups broccoli, (about 2 medium heads)
3 Honeycrisp.com apples, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cups sunflower seeds, shelled
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad:
- Wash broccoli under running water.
- Cut the florets from the stalks and set the stalks aside.
- Cut the florets into very small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the hard outer skin off of the stems to get down to the tender inside. Discard the outer.
- Cut the tender inside stems into matchsticks (or use a mandolin). The idea is to have very small sticks of raw broccoli stems. They will hold their shape.
- Add to the large bowl along with the florets.
- Add the apples, red onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
For the Dressing:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Broccoli Salad to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
Next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to vegtaninthefreezer.com for the recipe
Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org