5-6 Honeycrisp.com apples
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz / 400 ml can)
2 1/4 teaspoons arrowroot powder (or arrowroot flour)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
Pinch of salt
- Wash and peel apples.
- Chop apples into small chunks, excluding the core.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
- Once melted, add 4 cups of apples to the pan. Stir apples regularly and cook for 10-15 minutes, until residual liquid from the apples have cooked away and apples are softened.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples and stir well to coat.
- Cook for 1 minute, then transfer apples and spices to a blender. Scrape down the pan with a spatula to remove all the spices. Set the blender aside.
- Return the saucepan to the stove over medium heat. Add half the coconut milk into the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add arrowroot powder to the remaining coconut milk in the can. Whisk well to remove all clumps.
- Once the saucepan is simmering, pour in the coconut milk and arrowroot slurry. Reduce heat to low and whisk vigorously.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture has thickened, then transfer to the blender with the apples.
- To the blender add vanilla, maple syrup, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge and allow it to cool for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once cooled, pour into an ice cream maker and churn until it achieves a soft serve texture. Don't have an ice cream maker? Find out how to make ice cream without one here.
- Transfer to a sealed freezer-proof container and chill in the freezer to harden.
- For best results, allow ice cream to thaw on the counter for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Send us a picture of your
Apple Pie Ice Cream to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to naturalgirlmodernworld.com for the recipe
Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org