For the Oats:
2 cups rolled oats, not quick cook
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
? tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp Stevia or 4 tbsp cane sugar
? cup applesauce
1 cup milk of choice (We use cashew milk)
For the Apple Pie Filling:
1 medium Honeycrisp.com apple, peeled, cored, & chopped into ½ inch chunks
1 tbsp cornflour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 and ½ tbsp Stevia or 3 tbsp cane sugar
½ cup water
Directions for the Oats:
- Place oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar into a medium sized bowl and stir briefly to combine.
- Add applesauce and milk - Mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Place chopped up apples, cornflour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, and water into a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring frequently until thick and the apples are tender. You want them soft but with a little bite.
- You can either make the apple pie filling in the morning and place it on your oats still warm, or make it the night before and warm it up in the morning. You may need to add 1 tbsp water before you warm the filling up.
- Divide the oats into 2-3 servings and top each with the apple pie filling. Serve warm or cold.
- To warm, place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until desired warmth is reached.
Send us a picture of your
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to anniesnoms.com for the recipe
Comment below or email email@example.com