Apple Cheddar Soup
- 1 Honeycrisp.com apple, diced for soup
- 1 Honeycrisp.com apple, diced for garnish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Melt butter in a large soup pot.
2. Add onion and carrot; cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in flour and chili powder.
4. Slowly add broth and continue to stir until everything is well combined.
5. Add apple to soup and cover.
6. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, or until soup is thick and apples are tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Slowly stir in apple juice and shredded cheddar cheese.
8. Continue to cook and stir until cheese is completely melted.
9. Remove from heat & let cool for 2 minutes.
10. Transfer to a blender (or use immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
11. Taste for salt and pepper.
12. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with diced apple. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Cheddar Soup to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to diethood.com for the recipe!