Here’s what you need to make 6 of your own roses:
4 apples, cored and halved (leave the skin on)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
3 Tbsp fruit preserves ( I used apricot but you can use your favorite fruit)
2 Tbsp water (plus more for apple soak)
1 sheet of puff pastry
Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Place apple slices in microwave safe bowl. Fill bowl with water and juice from half a lemon. Use enough water to make sure apple slices are covered by water.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices and make them more pliable for rolling up.
- Grab a sheet of puff pastry. Flour your board and roll out the puff pastry enough to make 6 strips at 3 inches wide. Score with a pizza wheel or a knife.
- In a bowl, mix your favorite fruit preserves with a couple tablespoons of water.
- Spoon the preserves into the center of the strip of puff pastry.
- Place the apple slices long ways halfway on the strip. Keep adding slices until you reach the end.
- Fold the puff pastry over the bottom of the apple slices.
- Roll up the puff pastry and place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake the apple roses for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes & enjoy!
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email email@example.com
Thank you to tiphero.com for the recipe!
Mr Al Ragazzo of Schuylerville, NY
Sent Us His Apple Rose Creation