Salted Caramel Apple Waffles
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
Salted Caramel Apple Sauce Ingredients:
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup half-and-half
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 Honeycrisp.com apple, sliced (Click Here for Honeycrisp.com Apples)
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Instructions for Waffles:
1. Preheat waffle iron to medium heat. Spray well with non-stick cooking spray when heated.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. Mix together egg and milk and pour into dry ingredients. Whisk until well-combined and smooth.
4. Pour batter equally into waffle iron, allowing for the waffle to rise and spread slightly.
5. Remove from waffle iron and plate. You can also store on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven until ready to serve if preparing a large batch of waffles.
Instructions for Sauce:
1. Add brown sugar, butter and half-and-half to a large skillet or heavy-bottomed sauce pan.
2. Melt over medium-low heat, whisking as needed.
3. Remove from heat and add sea salt and vanilla.
4. Stir in apple slices. Set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
5. Place waffles on individual plates, top with salted caramel apple sauce on top of waffles.
6. Top with whipped cream or ice cream and drizzle with extra caramel sauce
Send us a picture of your Salted Caramel Apple Waffles creation to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]