Apple Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup coarsely shredded, unpeeled Honeycrisp.com apple
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon -cooked and very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 cocktail buns
- 12 small lettuce leaves or fresh baby spinach
- thinly sliced, unpeeled Honeycrisp.com apple
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 5 teaspoons of apple cider
Apple Aioli Instructions:
1. Stir together 1/3 cup mayo and 5 teaspoons apple juice until combined. Makes about 1/3 cup.
1. Preheat oven broiler. For burgers- mix ground beef, shredded apple, onion, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper in large bowl until just combined. With damp hands, form mixture into twelve 2 1/2-inch-round patties.
2. Broil patties on rack in broiling pan, 4 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning patties over halfway through broiling. Or, grill patties directly over medium heat, uncovered, for 8 to 12 minutes, turning over once.
3. Place 1 cheese piece on the top of each patty. Continue cooking for 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese begins to melted.
4. To serve, spread aioli on bottom of buns. Top with patties. apple slices, and lettuce. Close sandwiches with bun tops. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Bacon Cheeseburgers to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]
Thank you to US Apple for the recipe!