2 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of cocoa powder
½ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
1 cup of non-dairy milk (like cashew or almond milk)
1 large banana – diced into small pieces
½ cup chocolate chips
option: 1/2 cup pecans
Yields 12 Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour or line a muffin tin with liners
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar together until well blended and the cocoa is evenly distributed.
- Add the apple sauce, vanilla, coconut oil, and non-dairy milk and stir until just combined. Don’t overdo it or the batter will get tough.
- Gently fold in the banana and chocolate chips until evenly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins until ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are puffy and cracked and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for five minutes and then remove the muffins from the tin and cool on the rack until they’re cool enough to eat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two days or freeze for up to a month.
Send us a picture of your
Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins Vegan to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to veganosity.com for the recipe
Comment below or email [email protected]