- 1 large apple from Honeycrisp.com
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Meanwhile, peel the apple and grate it using a fine grater or food processor. Squeeze out as much excess water from the grated apple as possible.
3. In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients: applesauce, cooking oil, honey, and grated apple.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, and stir in the chopped walnuts.
6. Use a 1/4 cup–size measuring cup to portion out 12 medium-size cookies onto the cookie sheet. Leave about 1–2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to myfitnesspal.com for the recipe!