Mini Caramel Apple Tarts (Tartes Tatin)FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/1SJ6hNjPosted by Tasty on Tuesday, January 26, 2016
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 of a lemon
1 sheet of puff pastry
3 Honeycrisp.com apples - peeled, halved, & cored
1. To begin, cut puff pastry into circles to fit just within the top of your muffin tin.
2. In a medium sauce pan, slowly heat 1 cup of sugar. Stir frequently until it dissolves into a brown syrup.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into the sugar, stirring frequently.
4. Add a dash of salt and the juice from 1/2 lemon.
5. Lower the heat as low as it will go and add your apple halves.
6. Toss to coat with caramel and let simmer 5–10 minutes until tender, flipping once.
7. Place apple halves curve-side down in a large muffin tin.
8. Pour remaining caramel over each apple half.
9. Top with a circle of puff pastry to fit just inside the muffin tin.
10. Bake 14–20 minutes at 450°F. Invert muffin pan onto baking sheet immediately. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Yields 4 bowls
Send us a picture of your
Mini Caramel Apple Tarts to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to Tasty for the recipe
Comment below or email [email protected]