5 matzos, broken into 2-inch pieces
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Honeycrisp.com apple, peeled and diced (Click Here for Apples!)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
jam, honey, or yogurt - optional toppings (Click Here for Farm Honey & Jam!)
1. Place matzos in a bowl, and cover with water. Place a plate on surface to keep matzos submerged. Let stand for 5 minutes, and drain. Return to bowl.
2. Whisk eggs and salt together in a small bowl. Add to matzo.
3. Add sugar, apple, raisins, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup oil. Gently stir until combined.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Spread matzo mixture evenly in skillet, pressing firmly into pan.
6. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes.
7. Carefully flip with a spatula, 1 piece at a time. The mixture will break into 3 or 4 pieces.
8. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
9. Spoon onto serving plates. Serve hot with toppings.
Send us a picture of your
Passover Cinnamon Apple and Raisin Matzo Brei Skillet to
Receive a 20% coupon for your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]