Apple Pie Pancakes
Great weekend breakfast.
1 cup All Purpose Gold Medal® Flour
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey (Click here for honey from our farm)
1 cup peeled and grated apple (about 1 medium apple) (Click here for farm fresh apples from Honeycrisp.com)
Butter or vegetable oil, for the skillet
maple syrup, for serving.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, honey, butter and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. You'll have some lumps in the batter. Fold in the grated apple.
4. Preheat your skillet or griddle to medium and brush with butter or oil. Using a 1/4 cup measure (or ice cream scoop), scoop the batter onto the skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, and then flip. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook on the other side for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
5. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a baking sheet and place in a pre-heated oven (200 degrees F.) to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve pancakes with warmed maple syrup.
Send us a picture of your Apple Pie Pancakes to
Receive a coupon for your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org