Salted Caramel Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoons butter (we use Earth Balance)
1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut oil, chilled, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2-3 tablespoons water, chilled
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, plus more for sprinkling on galette
1 pound (about 2 large) Honeycrisp.com Apples, scrubbed, cored, and thinly sliced
Olive oil, for brushing
Directions for the Caramel:
- Pour sugar and water in a medium heavy-bottomed, deep saucepan and stir together with a wooden spoon over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stop stirring as soon as the sugar starts boiling. You can use the pan to swirl the sugar around until all the sugar has dissolved.
- The liquid sugar shouldn’t be too dark in color, add the butter immediately and whisk until butter has melted.
- Take the mixture off the heat and slowly and carefully pour in the coconut milk and salt, and whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- If you prefer a thicker caramel, return to stove and let it simmer a little longer, stir and watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- The caramel will also thicken over a few days in the fridge.
Directions for the Dough:
- In a food processor, combine flour, coconut oil, salt, sugar, and spices in a food processor.
- Pulse until well incorporated.
- Add apple cider vinegar.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.
- Alternatively, mix ingredients by hand, adding water once the dough has a crumbly texture.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to long 24 hours.
Directions for the Galette:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine apples slices, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla in a bowl and toss gently to mix.
- Roll chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 14×10 inch rough rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick.
- Transfer dough into the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange apple slices on top of dough in an overlapping pattern.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and spread several tablespoons (as much or as little you want) of caramel over the apples.
- Fold dough over apples, tucking and overlapping as needed to keep the rectangular shape.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crust is golden brown and the apples are soft and juicy.
- Let cool slightly on baking sheet before slicing.
Send us a picture of your
Salted Caramel Apple Galette
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to onegreenplanet.org for the recipe
Comment below or email email@example.com